Be a Camp Counselor. Work at Aloha Beach Camp!
This section of our Web site describes the available positions, qualifications and requirements for
employment, and answers the most frequently asked questions about working with us. If you
understand and agree to everything here and want to apply for a job, you can use our online
Employment Application form. But first you must carefully read and agree to all of the
information on this page before you can access the Employment Application.
To be considered for employment, you must meet the following minimum preliminary qualifications:
- Be at least 19 years old (occasional exceptions are made for mature applicants under the
age of 19)
- Completed at least one year of college
- Have a clean driving record
- Participate in our drug testing program
- Be a strong swimmer
- Have experience with working with kids
- Love the beach!
- You must also attend, and successfully complete, all pre-camp training and orientation
activities in June (specific dates and times posted soon).
Please note hiring preference is given to applicants who can work full-time the entire summer. But
even if you cannot work the whole time, don't let this stop you from applying because we still may
be able to work with you.
Here are some of the more frequently asked questions about working at Aloha Beach Camp. Feel
free to contact us if you have further questions.
|Aloha Beach Camp begins hiring staff for
the upcoming summer of 2017 in
February. Feel free to apply for job at that
time if you enjoy working with kids and
hanging out at the beach!
1. If I work at Aloha Beach Camp, where will I live?
Most of our staff lives within 30 minutes of camp. Since we are a day camp, not a sleepaway camp
we do not provide housing for our staff. If you live out of town, you are still welcome to apply,
but if you are hired for employment you must secure housing on your own.
2. How will I get to work?
Our staff is required to ride camp buses to and from work each day. A portion of your salary
would include managing camper safety and supervision on the camp vehicles.
3. Where is the camp located
Our business office is located near Los Angeles, CA. Camp activities take place at various beaches
and aquatic venues in Los Angeles and Malibu. Approximate driving times from local universities
are: USCB 80 minutes; USC 30 minutes; CSUN, UCLA, and Pepperdine; Cal Lutheran 20 minutes.
4. How much money will I make?
The general salary range for working full-time for all 10 weeks of camp is between $3,200-$3,600.
Your specific salary would depend on previous experience, school year completed, position(s) held
and other factors.
5. What jobs are available? What will I be doing?
The above salary range includes the positions described below. However, please keep in mind that
your job duties may include additional responsibilities beyond those listed here, including but not
limited to driving and/or riding on a camp bus or van. In general, however, these are the positions
available for employment:
- Camp Counselors, where you'd have your own group of kids to supervise and play with each
day. You would also be trained and certified as a lifeguard which is a fundamental condition of
employment to work at Aloha Beach Camp;
- Beach Specialists, where you'd lead sand-based activities like arts & crafts and sports and
- Surfing Specialists, where you'd specialize in teaching surfing to our campers; and
- Tubing and Wakeboarding specialists, where'd you teach boating, tubing and wakeboarding
to our campers (this position requires you to have your own boat)
- In addition to the positions listed above, we may also need office support. Office staff makes
between $10 - $12 per hour or more depending on experience.
6. Everything sounds great and I believe I meet the preliminary requirements. How do I apply?
If you understand and agree with all of the above information and the Statement below, click the "I
AGREE" button below to access the online Employment Application and apply for a job today. Don't
forget to read the following statement first:
|"I understand and agree with all of the information contained on this page. I further understand
and agree that completing, filing, and/or submitting Aloha Beach Camp's Employment
Application is only a preliminary step to employment. It does not obligate Aloha Beach Camp to
offer employment, nor me to accept employment. An offer of employment, if made, shall be for
employment at-will and shall not be construed as a guarantee of continued employment."
If you have any questions about the employment process, please email us. Otherwise, if you agree
with the above statement and everything else on this page, click the "I Agree" button to apply for
an Aloha Beach Camp summer job today!
|Copyright 2017 Aloha Beach Camp. All rights reserved.
|More info? Call now! (818) 932-4600