Be a Camp Counselor. Work at Aloha Beach Camp!
|Aloha Beach Camp begins hiring staff for
the upcoming summer of 2018 in
February. Feel free to apply for job at
that time if you enjoy working with kids
and hanging out at the beach!
1. If I work at Aloha Beach Camp, where will I live?
Most of our staff lives within 30 minutes of camp. Since we are a day camp, not a sleepaway camp we do not
provide housing for our staff. If you live out of town, you are still welcome to apply, but if you are hired for
employment you must secure housing on your own.
2. How will I get to work?
3. Where is the camp located
Our business office is located near Los Angeles, CA. Camp activities take place at
various beaches and aquatic venues in Los Angeles and Malibu. Approximate driving
times from local universities are: USCB 80 minutes; USC 30 minutes; CSUN, UCLA,
and Pepperdine; Cal Lutheran 20 minutes.
4. How much money will I make?
The general gross salary range for working full-time for all 10 weeks of camp is
roughly between $3,300-$3,600. Your specific salary would depend on previous
experience, school year completed, position(s) held and other factors.
5. What jobs are available? What will I be doing?
The above salary range includes the positions described below. However, please keep
in mind that your job duties may include additional responsibilities beyond those
listed here, including but not limited to driving and/or riding on a camp bus or van. In
general, however, these are the positions available for employment:
- Camp Counselors, where you'd have your own group of kids to supervise and
play with each day. You would also be trained and certified as a lifeguard which
is a fundamental condition of employment to work at Aloha Beach Camp;
- Beach Specialists, where you'd lead sand-based activities like arts & crafts and
sports and games;
- Surfing Specialists, where you'd specialize in teaching surfing to our campers;
- Tubing and Wakeboarding specialists, where'd you teach boating, tubing and
wakeboarding to our campers (this position requires you to have your own boat)
- In addition to the positions listed above, we may also need office support.
Office staff makes between $12 per hour or more depending on experience.
6. Everything sounds great and I believe I meet the preliminary requirements. How do I apply?
If you understand and agree with all of the above information and the Statement below, click the "I AGREE" button
below to access the online Employment Application and apply for a job today. Don't forget to read the following
|"I understand and agree with all of the information contained on this page. I further understand and agree
that completing, filing, and/or submitting Aloha Beach Camp's Employment Application is only a preliminary
step to employment. It does not obligate Aloha Beach Camp to offer employment, nor me to accept
employment. An offer of employment, if made, shall be for employment at-will and shall not be construed as
a guarantee of continued employment."
If you have any questions about the employment process, please email
us. Otherwise, if you agree with the above statement and everything else
on this page, click the "I Agree" button below to apply for an Aloha Beach
Camp summer job today!
|More info? Call now! (818) 932-4600
This section of our Web site describes the available positions, qualifications and
requirements for employment, and answers the most frequently asked questions
about working with us. If you understand and agree to everything here and want to
apply for a job, you can use our online Employment Application form. But first you
need to read and agree to everything on this page before you can access the
To be considered for employment, you must meet the following minimum
- Be at least 19 years old (occasional exceptions are made for mature applicants
under the age of 19)
- Completed at least one year of college
- Have a clean driving record
- Participate in our drug testing program
- Be a strong swimmer
- Have experience with working with kids
- Love the beach!
- You must also attend, and successfully complete, all pre-camp training and
orientation activities in June (specific dates and times posted soon).
Please note hiring preference is given to applicants who can work full-time the
entire summer. But even if you cannot work the whole time, don't let this stop you
from applying because we still may be able to work with you.
Here are some of the more frequently asked questions about working at Aloha
Beach Camp. Feel free to contact us if you have further questions.
Our staff is required to ride camp buses to and from work each day. A portion of your salary would include
managing camper safety and supervision on the camp vehicles.